Monday, August 24, 2009

warm and fresh

A trip west with new found friends that we met on the road, at their gigs. An upright bass player and Spanish/English/Portugease singing phenomenal woman. Ana B and the Heartbone(s), Bronwyn my friend friend Toronto and I became quite the family. swimming and canoeing around Emerald Lake, Lake Louise, breathtaking scenery.... we finally all made it to Vancouver, after the band van breaks down, kind strangers to help, we arrived to meet my highschool pal Ali and found a new family-German and French and had days of silly silly. In the moments where language can be a barrier... we can all find ways to connect. it's powerful. Today we road bikes around the park peninsula that is Stanley Park, ate fresh, wild, warm blackberries, crawled inside tree trucks... besides the sun burning me as I fell alseep today and the popped bike tire.... these past 2 weeks, this trip, has been glorious.

No comments: