Monday, August 31, 2009

out with the new and in with the old

A flight to Michigan brings me in around 2 a.m. I slept for some hours, bought car insurance and hit the road to Vermont. Arriving at 6 a.m. brother Brian wakes moments before my arrival. It is surreal to be back in a place of great nostalgia and old memories. some worth forgetting some new ones arriving with an old friend's hand held tight and firm. I will visit a few more friends before I am en route back to Michigan for school. Mentally preparing to sit and read and sit and read and write and read. Trying to filter what becomes stagnant in my mind.... A kind transference of warmth from my work in Toronto. This is what I would like to keep in memory for everyday wholeness. My fingers are eager eager and aching to move across ivory keys and build upon the song I wrote for sister Geechie-Bum and my heart aches to connect with a new child a new friend. It is wild the comfort that a stranger, a moment alone does for a feeling a safety. An enigma to me and ever so true. The wonder in what can be new, what is yet to be found. "We were a silent, hidden thought in the folds of oblivion and now we have become a voice that causes the heavens to tremble" Khalil Gibran.

No comments: