Thursday, May 21, 2009

a twinkle of a bird and a

I stood in the hallway of this giant building that houses children with "health challenges", I told a mother today, overlooking the scene below. A clown festival party, red nosed, polk-a-dotted smiles and dancing obtuse shoes. The mother from Persia whose newborn hasn't been home for more than 5 days in 2 months told me that my torquoise ring would ward off wrong doings, negative thoughts, the evil eye. She fears that her son or her have been cursed by such tragedy she told the Nigerian mother who fears her daughter's safety in their home country because there, she says human touch is infrequent for those with disabilities or health complications and the Moroccon mother with giggling baby explained that her son will have a few more surgeries before they can return home to their new Canadian city. And as these three, baby and smiles in arms, spoke of their overwhelming sadness, of isolation, lonliness, shame, of daily tears and exhaustion, their powerful energy and courage astounded me, broke my heart and rebuilt it. A daily event that seems to never weaken in shock... Today I also met one of 15 spritualist, a Hindu woman speaking of the healings of meditation, hired by the hospital for support of families today and I now come home to my balcony bedroom, birds twinkling and greens to brush the wind and I can see and hold and know that the unraveling struggle of beauty is God.

No comments: